General surgery department at Welcare Hospital Ulhasnagar comprises of highly experienced senior surgeons and competent staff. Our doctors help in making the surgical experience easier and more stress-free for the patient suffering from life-threatening diseases of the oesophagus, stomach, colon, liver, gallbladder, bile duct, abdomen, breast, thyroid gland and hernias.
A centre of excellence for various surgical procedures, Narayana Health uses the latest technology for -
- GI Surgery & Laparoscopic Surgery
- Laparoscopic Appendectomy
- Diagnostic Laparoscopy
- General Surgery including cyst removals, incision & drainage of abscesses
- Abdominal Surgery
- Advanced Haemorrhoidal Surgery
- Advanced Hernia Repair & Hydrocele Surgery (adult and paediatric)
- Gallbladder Surgery
The department often collaborates with other departments to do surgeries that need more than one kind of specialists. General surgeons work with specialists in-
- Pancreatic and colorectal surgery
- Venaes and arterial surgery
- Breast and endocrine surgery
Laparoscopic surgical techniques
Laparoscopic surgical techniques are used whenever possible since the benefits are many including smaller incisions, less post-operative discomfort, quicker recovery, shorter hospital stay, faster return to full activity and minimal scars.